A course with a difference


Well that was a busy couple of days .... a birth on Friday, all very straight forward, text book really and leaves just 2 to go, both due now.


Saturday dawns, a lovely sunny morning, just perfect for a Beginners Course and the eager new and prospective owners due to arrive at 10 am. All ok first thing and I busy myself finishing off sales lists and notes and clean the house, not sure why I feel I have to do that but my Mum would have approved, bless her! Back outside at 8.45 and theres a girl in labour. By 9am she didn't look quite right so I decided to have a quick poke about .. that feels odd, I say. A bit later I have another feel and decide it's a vet job, either a torsion or a breach, certainly not like anything I've felt before and out of my league for sure. The folk arrive and I leave her under the care of Lucy our Saturday help. Vet arrives and the course skips from toenail trimming to dystocias! With the audiance staying a respectful distance away he confirms the torsion and we set about rolling her gently down the slope to correct it. It worked after about 10 minutes and then the cria was successfully delivered and it was a girl! Well done Vet Andy!
We managed to complete the course, but it was rather disjointed with all the comings and goings, but I think everyone enjoyed it and hopefully it didn't put them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment