OPEN DAY 14 AUGUST

Suddenly I realise that our Open Day is just 3 weeks away and I have an awful lot of stuff to arrange... that's the trouble with having crias is that they're all lovely but very distracting.  We usually have a very good turnout and people come from far and wide to see what alpacas are all about and enjoy being amongst them on our farm walk, have afternoon tea and buy a pair of socks or yarn to knit a scarf with. The kids love it of course and everyone enjoys watching the spinning ladies do their stuff.

Of course we get other alpaca breeders coming too to check out our cria and studs and have a chinwag and those coming to see the stock that we have for sale. The list of things to organise seems endless, and what with the stud work to do both at home and away taking up a fair bit of my time I am beginning to panic ... trouble is I'm not very good at knuckling down to things in the office, especially when the sun is shining.. it's the only part of this job that I don't like!  I've done it all before of course, for previous Open Days,  just need a bit of pressure to get on with it, well I'm suddenly feeling the pressure! At least I ordered the portaloo today, and hopefully hired the tents and tables, teapots and urns ... got to dig out our party tents, and find the quiz papers, and the information boards.... hose out the field shelter that becomes our shop ... sort fleece ... sorry rambling....  I will be ready - promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment